For those of you who love original art, here’s a neat one: I’ve put a piece of DRIVE original art up on eBay! DRIVE strips are drawn digitally, so original art that you can frame and hang doesn’t come along often.
And this is a particularly cool one: This was the *only* concept drawing of the Vinn-infected Nosh that was brought to inks. There is but one in the world, alas!
The piece is drawn in lightfast, archival inks on acid-free, Bristol stock. The cardstock itself measures 12″w x 9″h, while the drawn image is roughly 6.5″w x 5″h. And you’ll notice that, unlike the final strip version in the strip, this concept drawing has no shirt. So it’s kind of Nosh-as-a-an-Abercrombie&Fitch model, I suppose.
I’ve started it at one penny, as I’d rather have you all decide what it’s worth: And it ships FREE anywhere in the U.S. There are no corrections or mistakes on the piece, so it should frame up really nicely.
WIN A RARE, INKED ILLUSTRATION OF THE “DRIVE” SHIP, THE MACHITO!
HOW: Enter the contest by submitting an illustration or CGI model of a ship from Drive. Three winners will be chosen!
Feb 28, 2015
Any ship in the DRIVE universe!
WAIT, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN:
– You can draw/build/model/paint any ship from the DRIVE universe. The Machito, The Tres Primos “3”, La Invencible, The Spark of Thought, a Continuum Cruiser, a Vinn Interdictor, etc, etc
– Or, you can conceive of a NEW ship that fits within the style or fleets of existing ships that we’ve seen. So! You can take a stab at the aquatic lines of The Continuum fleet, or the rougher angles of the human fleet, and make a new ship!
– It can be drawn in any medium, or using any software. Inks on paper, watercolors, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3-D modeling software…go nuts. Whatever you enjoy using!
– Creativity is encouraged! Is your ship launching into space? Is it in battle? In robotic dry dock? Flying through pinched space? Have fun with it! Draw something that makes you happy: Something you want to see!
– Copyright on the image remains yours! This is just for fun.
While I’d recommend you create the initial image in high-resolution (300dpi or higher), please send your actual submission as a web-presentable image file.
– JPG, PNG, GIF
– Saved for web resolution (72dpi)
– Saved at 900 pixels wide, but any height that suits you
– E-Mail your submission to [email protected], with the Subject Line: “Drive Contest”
WINNER ANNOUNCED: March 7, 2015
First Prize: This inked illustration of The Machito (below)
Second Prize: Signed sketch of any Drive character.
Third Prize: Signed DRIVE book 1.
Fourth Prize: A reassuring hug. You did great! Be proud!
JUDGING CRITERIA: “The One Dave Likes The Bestest”